Friday, June 25, 2021

I looked though my old BLOG and came across my final one from when I taught these kids in Grade 1 2015-2016. I am reposting it here now...and to be honest, it still applies.

Shed a few tears today as I am sad to see them leave. I hope they keep me in the loop in their future endeavors. God Bless you all and may you ahve a safe a relaxing summer.

Post from 2015 (there are also photos of your kids there if you want to go down memory lane) 

A final goodbye...
As I remove all of our decorations and works of art and pack up my things to move forward, I wanted to say a last goodbye...or rather

 Au revoir.
I am exhausted, but fulfilled after my first year back to teaching in many years. Your children have definitely kept me young (despite the gray hairs poking through)! I hope their first year of school has made them life-long learners and has given them the desire to do better, to do great things and to have fun while doing all of that. 
As you now know, I am jumping a few grades to teach grade 6. My first plan was to stay in grade 1 for another year or two, but I was asked to teach grade 6 because of my background in Jr. high. I am looking forward to new adventures, new challenges and maybe a few minutes to sit during the day ( a luxury not afforded to grade 1 teachers...ask your kids about Mme Colette's magic magnet trick)!
I hope we see each other again in a few years. Remind your children to read in French over the holidays and if it's a rainy day, check out French cartoons on You Tube. This will help them not lose what they have worked so hard for this past year.
With love and Blessings,
Mme Colette