Monday, April 30, 2018


  Image result for thank you

A HUGE thank you to the students who stayed behind last Friday to help me with clean-up after the Lip sync:



Jacob      Julius        Shana      Taryn      Claire      Rapha      Angel     Niri      Kristina     Luke C


This week in Learning:
FLA: Continuing to evaluate GB+. I only get about 3 per class done, as it takes 15 minutes per evaluation. Students continue to work on Tour a Tour. Also, we will be chosing someone from Grade 6 to represent our school at the Gala Oratoire on May 26th. If your child is not able to be present on that day, (a Saturday), please let me know asap. I would hate to choose someone that cannot be there. All students will present the poem in front of the class on May 15th, in order to choose a presenter.

ELA: We have now completed Shadows of Disaster novel study. Students are working on their final assignment, "Life in 100 years". I was hoping to collect them Wednesday, however, tomorrow we are having a practice PAT in writing, so I will ask for the novel study to be handed in on Thursday May 3rd.

Something to note: 
I received 3 summons for Jury Duty on May 9th for a bilingual jury. I asked to be excused, but was denied. Therefore, on May 9th, the day of the ELA PAT, I will not be here. Either Mme Wozny or Mme Phelan will be present for my students, to alleviate some of the stress. The only way that this will change, is if I call Tuesday, and the selection is cancelled. I told the kids to get on their knees and pray! 

MATH: we are working on the unit on geometry. There is a lot of vocabulary and students should be reviewing it every night. This week, we will work on polygones, congruence and perimeter.

SOCIAL: we are nearly finished our unit on Provincial Government. Students have until this Thursday to send me their deputy and their constituency through email. Today we looked at the role of the lieutenant governor and how the legislature is organized. 

RELIGION: continuing the Easter season...Did you know it was still on? We will begin Family life and Friday we have Pro-Life coming to teach us the development of the fetus.

ART: projects on ratios will be due at ends week. Sketchbooks are due tomorrow at day's end.