Monday, October 5, 2020

 Happy Monday:

With some students out on a weekly basis, I will do my best to update to GC with the assignments needed to be done. If I have not sent something, send me a message so I don't forget. It will be an end of day thing as I need to attend to the inclass first. Thanks for understanding.

This week in Learning:

Math: we are going to take a pause with lessons, because students are not taking their time with the sheets they hand in. Book questions are done on an honor system (you do the questions assigned and then we correct as a class and you correct on your own) and then the Fiche you hand in to me showing that you understand. What I am getting is: kids skipping numbers, not showing their work and not really giving me their best efforts. When I write "R" it means they have to redo the sheet with more care and to ask questions for better understanding. They will then return the sheet to me for a mark. If it is not redone, it becomes an NY as they did not understand it in the first place and made no attempt to see me for understanding the lesson.


ELA: we have completed reading and questions up to chapter 8. If you missed corrections of those questions, see me for the answers. 


FLA: I picked up la Bande dessinée today, several missing even after all the extended time given. We will finish oral presentations this week.


Sciences: We looked at tire treads in the parking lot. This week we will look at animal prints and fingerprints.


RELIGION: students are learning what sacred stories are and how to find other stories, such as historical and songs in the bible.


ART: Onomatopeia is due by this Friday. Nouveau 7 does not include you.