Monday, December 4, 2017

To those parents who were not able to make it to the interview times, if you would like to meet, I am available most days until 4pm and I arrive at 8am. Just send me a note with options and we can set up a time. My main comment to all parents is that students have a tendency to be super social and we are losing valuable time in learning. We have a lot to cover yet this year. Thank you for your cooperation.

This week in Learning:

Monday: begins Netball, clay project in the a.m.

FLA: continuing chapters 4 and 5 of "les crayons qui trichent. Students should have all vocabulary and chapter summaries up-to-date. I have 21/29 letters from Phil in my possession. Have you sent yours?

ELA: working on Greek god research. This is to be done at school, not at home, at this time. I want to be able to discuss proper websites, and how to cite them. Creativity is a must.

MATH: I will be going over again how to read and write decimal numbers. Next up, adding and multiplying them.

SOCIAL: finishing the movie "Horton hears a WHO" and then students will be writing a postcard as one of the characters, focusing on rights and responsibilities (how they go together).

Religion: Advent began yesterday. We will look at our covenant with God, that is, how will we prepare for Jesus' coming. Still practicing the nativity/song for the concert. Speaking of which, students are asked to wear Dark bottoms (pants, skirt/black or navy) and white top, except Mary. The students with specific roles were asked to wear special headwear. You know who you are.

Christmas concert Thursday night @ St Luke's church. I promise no homework that night!