Monday, February 27, 2017

I totally missed the boat on last week's BLOG as I started the week with 2 morning dentist appointments and I continued the week sounding like Batman  (the kids didn't know who Barry White was, so they called me Batman!) ...I am almost back to normal.

Thanks to Shannon, Maureen and Gabrielle for their volunteering last Friday for the Iroquois confederacy. I think it was well done and the students enjoyed themselves.

This week: It will be a bit of a juggling act, with Carnaval and all the other extras happening but we will try to make some sense of it.

Math: angles test sometime this week...probably Wednesday (was supposed to be last week, so we have been putting it off). Today we started talking %, ratios and fractions.

E.S.: looking still at local government. Students should know which riding they are in and who represents them.

FR: we finished the movie Belle et Sebastien and the students said it was good! YEAH! We will have a comprehension quiz sometime this week. In the meantime, we are writing letters about ourselves that will go all over Canada, hoping that some other french immersion school will respond. We were invited by a school in Halifax. Should be fun.

ELA: working on prefixes and suffixes, and will start doing some narrative writing soon.

Science: started air and aerodynamics. First experiment worked, the second failed! We are looking at the properties of air and how they will help a plane fly in the end.

Religion: Trying to present their social justice projects...but too many disruptions...this week hopefully! fingers crossed.

Music: I was rather disappointed that not ALL students emailed me their project over the weekend so that I could mark them and finish report cards. Deadlines need to be taken seriously, as I also have dealines to complete my work. We worked on this project for over 1 month and there should have been no excuses.

Tomorrow:
Students in charge of the Carnaval Stations. Please wear a checkered shirt and jeans to help in the celebrations. I believe they are looking forward to being in charge!